This section of The Calculator Site contains interesting articles about finance, currency as well as instructional 'how to' features on converting between units.
Whether you're shopping for carpet, or planning a landscaping or home improvement project, one essential concept is calculating square footage. Join us as we discuss the steps involved in the process.Square Footage Calc...
For an individual of average height, 10,000 steps equate to around 4 ½ miles of walking, or 6 miles of running. Such a person has an average stride length of between 2.1 to 2.5 feet, meaning they take approximately 2,250 steps to walk a mile.To gain a more accurate me...
A trillion is one million million and has twelve zeroes: 1,000,000,000,000.If you owned a trillion dollars and spent $1,000,000 each day, it would take you just under 2,740 years to spend it all.It's all about the money...On...
The future value formula helps you calculate the future value of an investment (FV) for a series of regular deposits at a set interest rate (r) for a number of years (t).Using the formula requires that the regular payments are of the same amount each time, with the resulting value incorporating inte...
If you need an illustration of the accelerating speed of technological change, look no further than the electronic calculator, that modest little device that does the most complex sum instantly and that you hold in the palm of your hand. Or more likely don't anymore.....
What is a Dash, Pinch, Smidgen and Nip?
A dash of this, a pinch of that - they're terms we've all seen in recipes. What exactly do they mean, though?Old-fashioned measurements explainedThese measurements don't have precise, fixed definitions, but there is a general consensus amongst baking experts about what they mean...
How to Write Feet and Inches
There are two popular ways of writing feet: the abbreviation “ft.” or the single apostrophe (′). Inches can be represented using “in.” or with a double apostrophe (″). As an example, five feet, ten inches could be written as 5 ft. 10 in or 5′10″...
Why I've Chosen Ezoic as a Partner
People often ask me how I manage to fund my website, so I thought I'd write a little article about this today. To be able to dedicate a large amount of time to a project like this, and cover the costs associated with it, you need to be able to find a way to fund it...
Saving Tips for Young People
As I look back to my younger years, I remember finding it difficult to decide on an effective saving strategy and to know how much money I should be putting aside. There were items I wanted to save for and buy, and I had to weigh up the benefits of setting aside more money for them against short-ter...
How Much Does a Cubic Yard Weigh?
One cubic yard of topsoil commonly weighs between 2,000 and 2,700 pounds, depending on composition and moisture content. Likewise, one cubic yard of sand commonly weighs between 2,700 and 3,300 pounds.The exact weight of a cubic yard of material depends on the specific material being measured...
Other featured articles
- How Much Does a Gallon of Water Weigh?
- What is the Difference Between Nominal, Effective and APR Interest Rates?
- How Much is a Ton?
- What is Financial Independence, Retire Early (FIRE)?
- How Long Would it Take to Walk Around the World?
- How Many Cubic Feet is my Refrigerator?
- How to Calculate Net Income (With Examples)
- Density Formula - How To Calculate Density
- Weights and Measures - a Poem
- How to Calculate Percentages
- How Many Meters Are in a Mile?
- How Big Is A Hectare?
- PEMDAS Explained - How Does PEMDAS Work?
- How Big is an Acre? Explained
- US Gallons And Imperial Gallons - Why Are They Different?
- How Many Cups in One Pound of Flour?
- How Many Cups in One Pound of Sugar?
- BMI Formula - How To Use The BMI Formula
- How Many Grams Of Sugar Are In a Teaspoon?
- How Many Cubic Feet Are in a Yard?
- Profit Margin Formula - Explained
- BODMAS Explained - Order Of Mathematical Operations
- Fun and Interesting Math Facts
- How to Convert Kilometers to Miles and Miles to Kilometers
- How Many Beers Are in a Keg?
- How To Measure Your Waist
- How To Measure Your Hips
- Airline Baggage Weight - Why Does It Matter?
- How Many Feet Are in a Mile?
- BMR Formula (Basal Metabolic Rate)
- The Misrepresentation Of Sugar Intake In The Media
- LED Light Bulbs - Why Should You Switch?
- How To Calculate WHR (Waist-to-Hip Ratio)
- Balloon Payments: Definition and Benefits
- Meters And Metres - What's With The Spelling?
- How Many Feet Are In a Meter/Metre?
- Cooking Weights And Measures Guide
- How Many Days Since...?
- How Many Weeks Are In a Year?
- Tablespoons and Cup Sizes Around The World
- How To Add, Subtract, Multiply And Divide Fractions
- Should You Pay In Local Currency Or Home Currency When Abroad?
- Is a Kilobyte 1000 Or 1024 Bytes?
- The Gambler's Fallacy - Explained
- How to Save Money as a Student
- How long is a light-year?
- How fast is the speed of light?
- The weird and wonderful world of units of measurement
- How to Measure Things Without a Ruler
- How to Convert mg to ml (Milligrams to Milliliters)
- What Is Body Mass Index? How Is BMI Calculated?
- A brief history of the metric measurement system
- A brief history of loans
- Armed forces by numbers
- 6 clever time keeping instruments invented by man
- Calculating chance - the rules of probability
- How to convert International units (IU) to mcg or mg
- What is the Difference Between Speed and Velocity?
- What Is The Difference Between Mass And Weight?
- 4 animals that can beat your car in a race
- How to convert metric to imperial - and back again
- What is APR? How Does APR Differ From Standard Interest Rates?
- How Usain Bolt Compares To The Fastest Animals On Earth
- 5 Alternatives To Body Mass Index (BMI)
If you have any finance articles or interesting articles on units that you would like to submit for consideration for future publishing, please submit them via the form on this page.