Kilograms to stones and pounds conversion
Use these calculators to convert between kilograms, stone and pounds (kg, st and lb), all of which are units of mass and weight. Once you've calculated your weight, you may wish to use your figure with the BMI calculator or the BMR calculator. To use the converters below, simply choose your desired conversion tab and enter your figure into the relevant box.
Whilst every effort has been made in building this kilograms to stones and pounds conversion tool, we are not to be held liable for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages or monetary losses of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use of the converter tools and information derived from the web site. This kilograms to stones and pounds conversion tool is here purely as a service to you, please use it at your own risk. Do not use calculations for anything where loss of life, money, property, etc could result from inaccurate conversions.
Please see the full disclaimer for more information.
My conversion tools can help you convert instantly and accurately between kilos, stone and pounds. If you want some help with converting between these units manually, help is at hand with the guide below.
How do I convert kilograms to stone?
One stone is equal to 6.35029318 kg. To convert kilograms to stone divide by 6.35029318. To convert stone to kilograms multiply your figure by 6.35029318.
How do I convert kilograms to pounds?
One kilogram is equal to 2.2046226218 pounds. To convert kilograms to pounds multiply your kilograms figure by 2.2046226218. To convert pounds to kilograms divide your pounds figure by 2.2046226218.
How do I convert kilograms to stone AND pounds?
If you want to know how many stone and pounds (as a whole, not distinct) there are in X kg try the following:
- To begin with, divide your kilograms figure (X) by 6.35029318 to get your full stone value including decimal. The whole number (the value before the decimal point) represents your stone figure (Y).
- Take the decimal figure from step 1 and multiply it by 14 to get your pounds figure (Z).
- This gives you your answer of X kg = Y st and Z lb. Check this against the converter above.
How do I convert stone AND pounds to kilograms?
If you want to know how many kilograms there are in X stone and Y pounds try the following:
- One stone is equal to 6.35029318 kg. So, multiply your X stone figure by 6.35029318 to give you the first figure.
- One pound is equal to 0.45359237 kg. So, multiply your Y pounds figure by 0.45359237 to give you the second figure.
- Add your first figure and second figure together to get your total Z kg. Check this against the converter above.
If you have any suggestions or queries about this conversion tool, please contact me.
From abacus to iPad, learn how the calculator came about and developed through the ages. Read our featured article.