The featured articles section of The Calculator Site containing interesting articles on finance, currency, insurance and unit conversions. The articles in this section are available in an rss feed.
In an ideal world, taking a loan would be simple. Apart from filling out the paperwork and receiving approval all you'd need to know is the amount of interest you have to pay. Take out $1,000 at 5% and your total repayment sum comes to $1,050. But, depending on the terms of your finance, on top ... read more
We all like the thought of earning interest on our savings and investments. Equally, we all hate having to pay interest on loans and debts. With some deft mathematical footwork it's possible to cancel out the interest on your debts by using compound interest that accu... read more
When you think about it, the collapse of any banking system is likely to send investors and savers alike running for the hills. But on the scale of 'really bad things that could happen' it's not quite midnight on the doomsday clock. The thing is, sometimes, just sometimes, a global financial col... read more
Recessions come and go. Fortunately, financial meltdowns on a global scale are far less common. Common sense and some seriously big brains in the banking industry have worked tirelessly to ensure that the money markets, and the investors, are protected... read more
- How Cell Phones Are Shaping Your Banking Habits
- 4 Retirement Pitfalls Your Financial Consultant Forgot To Mention
- How Being Made Redundant Can Make You Some Money
- iPhone Apps That Actually Make You Money
- 4 Cars That Show The Dramatic Rise In The Cost Of Living
- 3 Clothing Trends That Seem Immune To The Financial Meltdown
- 5 Tips to Help You Retire With $1 Million
- iPad Budgeting Apps To Help Manage Your Money
- How Usain Bolt Compares To The Fastest Animals On Earth
- Is Peer-To-Peer Lending The Future For Your Savings?
- 5 Websites That Make It Easy To Beat Greedy Mortgage Lenders
- 6 Simple Ways To Save For The Home Of Your Dreams
- How Much Money Do You Need To Retire Comfortably?
- 5 Alternatives To Body Mass Index (BMI)
- The History Of The Calculator
- How Cage-Fighting Nuns Can Help You Beat The Taxman
- Why KY Jelly Sellers Are Making A Fortune From Bankers
- Antiheroes Of The Recession
- Why Nosediving Markets Are Good For Your Pension Plans
- How To Slap Your Bank Manager With A Fat Debt Snowball
- How The Compound Interest Monster Will Swallow Your Home
- Crafty Psychological Tricks Credit Card Companies Play On You
- Payday Loans Have Made Someone Rich But It's Not You
- What Is Negative Equity?
- How To Convert Volume To Weight
- Protecting Yourself From Identity Theft
- Tips On Buying a Used Car
- How Can I Improve My Credit Rating?
- Should I Pay Off My Mortgage?
- What Is Body Mass Index? How Is BMI Calculated?
- The Interesting Origins Of Length And Distance Measurements
- Top Holiday Money Tips
- How To Find The Best Car Loan
- Personal Loans - Tips To Get The Right Loan For You
- How Much To Save For Retirement
- The Age of Insurance: Are We Being Discriminated?
- How To Get Better Gas Mileage From Your Vehicle
- The Trouble With Satnavs
- Why Is Car Insurance So Expensive?
- What is a Repayment Mortgage? What is Interest Only?
- How to Find the Rebuild Cost for Your Home
- Greece - An Ideal Summer Holiday Destination
- Traditional Vs Pay-As-You-Go Car Insurance
- Why France is a Top Destination for 2009
If you have any finance articles or interesting articles on units that you would like to submit for consideration for future publishing, please submit them via the form on this page.