Kilograms to stones and pounds conversion
These tools help you convert between kilograms, stone and pounds (kg, st and lb), all of which are units of mass and weight. Simply select the appropriate conversion tab and then enter your figure into the relevant box.. You can view a kg, stone and pounds conversion chart here. Once you've calculated your weight, you may want to work out your BMI with the BMI calculator.
Whilst every effort has been made in building this kilograms to stones and pounds conversion tool, we are not to be held liable for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages or monetary losses of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use of the converter tools and information derived from the web site. This kilograms to stones and pounds conversion tool is here purely as a service to you, please use it at your own risk. Do not use calculations for anything where loss of life, money, property, etc could result from inaccurate conversions.
Please see the full disclaimer for more information.
My converters can help you convert accurately between kilos, stone and pounds. However, if you want to know how to convert these manually, help is at hand with the guide below.
How to convert kilograms to stone and pounds
If you want to know how many stone and pounds there are in X kg try the following:
- Since one kilogram is equal to 2.2046226218 pounds we need to multiply your kilo figure X by 2.2046226218 to get the figure in pounds (let's call it Y).
- There are 14 pounds in a stone, so we need to divide your Y number by 14 to get the full stone conversion figure.
- Since we are converting to stone AND pounds, round your stone figure down to the nearest whole number. This becomes your Z stone figure
- We still have some work to do on the Y pounds number. Multiply the rounded number from step 3 by 14 and deduct it from your previous Y figure.
- This gives you your answer of X kg = Z st and Y lb. Check this against the converter above.
How to convert stone and pounds to kilograms
If you want to know how many kilograms there are in X stone and Y pounds try the following:
- One stone is equal to 6.35029318 kg. So, multiply your X stone figure by 6.35029318 to give you the first figure.
- One pound is equal to 0.45359237 kg. So, multiply your Y pounds figure by 0.45359237 to give you the second figure.
- Add your first figure and second figure together to get your total Z kg. Check this against the converter above.
Converting between kilograms and stone
One stone is equal to 6.35029318 kg. To convert kilograms to stone divide by 6.35029318. To convert stone to kilograms multiply your figure by 6.35029318.
Converting between kilograms and pounds
One kilogram is equal to 2.2046226218 pounds. To convert kilograms to pounds multiply your kilograms figure by 2.2046226218. To convert pounds to kilograms divide your pounds figure by 2.2046226218.
For more conversions using mass and weight units, please see the mass and weight converter. You can also convert between kilograms and pounds & ounces , stones and pounds & ounces or grams and pounds & ounces .
If you have any suggestions or queries about this conversion tool, please contact me.