How many micrograms (mcg) in a milligram (mg)?
Question asked by K. Blair:
Can you please help me out with answers to the following:
1) How many mcg in a mg?
2) How can I convert mcg to mg?
Converting micrograms (mcg) and milligrams (mg)
posted by Alastair:Hi K. Blair,
The conversions are as follows:
- 1 microgram (mcg or µg) = 0.001 milligrams (mg)
- 1 microgram (mcg) = 1000 nanograms (ng)
- 1 milligram (mg) = 1000 micrograms (mcg)
- 1 gram (g) = 1000 milligrams (mg)
Converting mcg to mg
To convert mcg to mg you simply divide your value by 1000 (or multiply by 0.001).
Converting mg to mcg
To convert mg to mcg you should multiply your value by 1000.
If you would like some help with your conversion, we have a
mcg and mg converter here.