Convert mg to ml?

posted by alice on 27 September 2008 at 10:10 pm

what is 15mg in liquid ie ml?

< back to previous | post follow-up

Follow-Up Messages

Convert 100 Mg To Ml

posted by vera on 17 February 2009 at 3:34 am

Hello,
I need to do the progesterone shot of 100 mg.
And I have the syringe in ml.
Would you help me to convet this 100 mg into ml?
thanks

Urgent! ML To Mg...

posted by keisha on 22 March 2009 at 8:59 am

hello. I need to know asap what 7.5mL is in mg? I overdosed on an arthritis med called methotrexate (injection form) and need to know by how much. I was suppose to take 0.03mL and took 7.5mL once a week for the last four weeks and have been sick from it. please help!! thanks!

Mg To Ml

posted by patty on 03 June 2009 at 1:06 pm

I have to take a shot of 100mg of delatestryl but the syringe is in ml. what is 100mg in ml?

Conversion Mg To Ml

posted by Peter Bengsen on 18 June 2009 at 9:33 pm

450 mg is is how much in ml ?
Thank you ,
Peter

Conversion

posted by tawona on 15 July 2009 at 10:33 am

mg stands for mass of a solid and ml for volume of a liquid.the conversion can not be done unless you supply some more information.If you do supply some more information ,its a matter of using proportion.

Conversion 250mg To Ml

posted by ste on 19 January 2010 at 7:08 am

hi could you tell me what the conversion of 250mg to ml1cfdc is please

Mg To Ml

posted by tamika on 08 February 2010 at 11:59 am

converting 50mg of haldol decanoate to ml

Convert-easy!

posted by Fabiana on 20 April 2010 at 9:07 am

hi, i would like to help about this. Its so easy, just remember that:

1g= 1000mg= 1ml

Thatīs it!

5 Ml In Mg

posted by kavitha on 12 May 2010 at 11:35 pm

i need a quick help... 5 ml in mg... tq

Mg To Ml

posted by pam on 20 May 2010 at 6:47 pm

i need to give my mother 100mg of colace and i only have a syringe in milliliters can you tell me how many milliliters to give her

Mg To Ml (Fabiana Is Kind Of Wrong)

posted by Chike T. on 26 May 2010 at 9:57 am

Hello my dearest Fabiana, l really do not mean any disrespect but l'm going to have to say that you're wrong with the conversion you did on "converting from mg to ml."

Before you do such conversions, you're going to, first of all, make sure both units are similar. And in this case, i.e., from mg to ml, they are not so there is no such way to convert these kind of units.

These are two different units on their own, so converting them the way you did (1g = 1000mg = 1ml) is not so right. But (1g = 1000mg) however, is right...the later, is not. Thank you! Good job though!

May Help...

posted by mystic on 01 December 2010 at 7:23 am

1 ml is 1/1000 of a liter, which is a volume. 1 mg is 1/1000 of a gram which is a weight. So they are not convertible.

Actually, to be more accurate, they can be converted using the following information:
1 liter of pure water equals 1 kg (kilogram). So, if you are trying to convert a liquid similar to water, an approximation can be achieved with: 1ml = .001mg (1 ml is 1/1000 liter; 1 mg is 1/1000000 kg).
In this case, if the medicine in similar to water in weight, it would be approximately 100 mg=0.1ml

Editor note: The Calculator Site has a weight to volume calculator tool (http://www.thecalculatorsite.com/conversions/weighttovolume.php) to help you with your conversion.

Apples To Oranges... Simple Really

posted by Chris on 03 January 2011 at 4:19 pm

The concept is actually pretty simple - to answer any of these questions you need one piece of additional information:

How many mg are there per ml of stuff you're measuring?

Every single drug ever made that is in liquid form MUST list the "concentration" of the liquid in question.... some drugs even have multiple forms with multiple concentrations. Much like not everyone likes a lot of sugar in their coffee, not all drugs have the same amount of drug per milliliter, cup, or whatever unit you're asking about. Each drug company makes their drugs in standard concentrations and these can be found on any container labeled appropriately for the particular drug in question - in fact, pharmacies that dispense meds are REQUIRED to have this info on the label.

Example - most diphenhydramine (Benadryl) liquid comes in a concentration of 12.5mg per teaspoon (1 tsp = 5ml). So if someone wants 50mg, they need 4 tsp or 20ml.

Milligrams To Mls

posted by Elizabeth on 27 May 2011 at 10:59 am

5mg/1ml drug. I have to give 3mg. Would this be 0.6ml

note: this forum thread is now closed.